Dr. M

Dr. M's Developmental Blog of Theories

Dr. M's Developmental Blog of Theories



Dr. M's Developmental Blog of Theories, Structure Tests, & Rants about - Optimization through Hybridization of Setup & Mobility, Routing & Control.



9.08.2012

Top Deck - HUD & Stanton Scs.3d Dj Controller

Laptop and Dj Controller

The top shelf on this rack case slides back to expose the work surface underneath, and was designed as a laptop shelf. It's carpeted for Velcro use.
I have chosen a 15" HP Quad-Core AMD Vision 6 Processor, with 8gb hi-speed ram, Windows 7, 500 gb Hd and LED screen. I actually chose 15" to maximize space for something else to ride on the top shelf. This is where the Tweakalizer used to reside, to the right of the HP, where the Scs.3d now sits.
I foresee (not that it takes alotta foresight for this one) iPads taking this top position, usurping the laptop as DAW/ sequencer, in the near future (when they and their apps can actually replace multi-core processing at higher than 16bit, integrate more ports, and gain a more stable clock).
As of now I use an iPod touch in the rig, but in a 'instrument/ sampler' approach by way of the iConnect Midi Interface. I trigger the ipod with midi or touch and route the audio into my audio interface. The iConnect Midi integrates my laptop, iPhone/iPod, synth, KP3, midi and USB controllers(!) all into one midi stream. Every device Accessible to all other devices by midi of any kind. This midi interface is integral to this setup and I'll go in-depth more on it in a further section.

No comments:

Post a Comment